CLIL Maths and Science Materials
CLIL Maths and Science Materials is designed for CLIL teachers of maths, biology, chemistry and physics at Secondary school level. It contains 198 pages of photocopiable materials which have been used on numerous CLIL Teacher Development Courses with teachers from all over Europe.
The book contains:
- classroom language for CLIL teachers with accompanying exercises
- subject specific language for maths and science teachers and learners
- classroom materials that exemplify approaches to teaching CLIL
- revision activities for consolidating key subject vocabulary
- suggestions on producing effective CLIL materials
- links to useful websites for CLIL teachers
The materials in the book are communicatively designed to ensure that learners interact using English to learn about the subject. Learners carry out task-based activities that enable them to understand the concepts while expressing themselves in the target language.
There is a CD ROM that accompanies the book and contains:
- 54 PowerPoint presentations that are connected to the materials and can be used with learners
- 53 sound recordings of the maths and science materials, classroom language and pronunciation exercises.
This is an ideal book for CLIL teachers of maths and science, providing teaching approaches and language support as well as ideas and materials that are ready to use with learners.
Cost: £45.00 plus £8 post and packing.*
*If you want to order more than one copy of the book, please order each copy as a separate order.
*If you are ordering books from outside Europe, an additional charge of £5 may apply. I will contact you directly after purchase to arrange this additional payment.